Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Toledo: the Jewish Quarter

 

I had a lot of fun in Toledo. I thought that the history and architecture and religious background of the city were very interesting, especially the history. The fact that the city has been around so long is fascinating to me since in the U.S. everything is relatively new. Seeing roads and buildings from the time of the Roman Empire was amazing. I especially liked the house we saw and the man who showed us around his excavated basement. I can't believe that he's worked on it for 15 years--it's very impressive, and I hope that he gets to make it a museum because it was so interesting to see where the Jews hid during the Reconquista. Toledo is probably my favorite trip that we've done so far, and I thought it was beautiful and so interesting.

Rinnie


I thought that today´s adventure was eye-opening and very interesting. Visiting the man's house, which was so full of the stories and history of both his familly and Toledo, was a fantastic experience, and i'm glad we were able to have it.
~Taya~

 


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment