Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Toledo:Narrow Roads and Cobblestone Streets



Toledo was very pretty, and I loved walking the streets while enjoying the view. My favorite part of the town was the cathedral, for it was gorgeous and the stain glass windows emitted colorful light throughout the church. The history behind it´s construction is rich with stories, saints, and rulers supporting the building. Throughout the town, narrow roads marked the cobblestone streets, allowing both people and cars to visit (because the town was founded before cars were, the streets were not made to fit them). Overall Toledo was a great place to visit, and I stopped every second to take a TON of pictures!!!!


Thank you!
-Claire Evans


Today´s trip to Toledo was really interesting to me because it showed how different religions and cultures all lived together in a common area. More specifically when we talked to the Sephardic Jewish man who is the only Jewish man still living in the old neighborhood, it showed me how no matter where in the world you are you can still hold on to your religiĆ³n, culture and where you came from. Also, being Jewish, his devotion is especially inspiring and helped me connect to what I was seeing more because of the artifacts and stories told about the Jewish people living in that neighborhood during the reconquista. His idea and 15 years of hard work to make his excavations and findings into a museum is really inspiring and some day I´d like to have that much passion for something I truly love and admire.

--Julie Hirsch

No comments:

Post a Comment